Overview:The FortiGate 70D series is a compact, all-in-one security appliance that delivers Fortinets Connected UTM. Ideal for remote, customer premise equipment (CPE) and retail networks, these appliances offer the network security, connectivity, and performance you need with attractive TCO.
You get advanced threat protection, including firewall, application control, advanced threat protection, IPS, VPN, and web filtering, all from one device thats easy to deploy and manage. With its comprehensive management console, remote provisioning and wide range of connectivity options, you have an easy-to-deploy, easy-to-manage solution thats great for a centrally-managed infrastructure.
Built on the foundation of the FortiASIC System on a Chip 2 (SoC2) and FortiOS 5, the FortiGate 70D series provides high performance firewall and VPN capabilities plus comprehensive complementary security technologies.
Youll also appreciate features like VDOMs for your distributed networks. VDOMs on the FortiGate 70D series let you segment networks to enable guest and employee access, or protect things like cardholder data to meet compliance standards like PCI and HIPAA.
Features & Benefits
- High Speed Firewall and VPN powered by FortiASIC SoC2.
- Runs on FortiOS 5 the most powerful security operating system in the world delivers more security to fight advanced threats, more control to users and devices, and more intelligence to build secure policies.
- Simplify installations with FortiExplorer and Wizards.
- Console Port
- USB Port
- 2x USB Ports
- 14x GE RJ45 Switch Ports
- 2x GE RJ45 WAN Ports
Powered by SPU SoC2
- Combines a RISC-based CPU with Fortinet's proprietary SPU content and network processors for unmatched performance
- Simplifies appliance design and enables breakthrough performance for smaller networks
- Supports firewall acceleration across all packet sizes for maximum throughput
- Delivers accelerated UTM content processing for superior performance and protection
- Accelerates VPN performance for high speed, secure remote access
Install in Minutes with FortiExplorer
The FortiExplorer wizard enables you to easily and quickly set up and configure FortiGate platforms with easy-to-follow instructions. The application runs on Windows, Mac OS X desktops and laptops as well as popular mobile devices. Simply connect to the appropriate USB port on the appliance and be fully protected inminutes.
3G/4G WAN ExtensionsThe FortiGate 70D series includes USB ports that allow you toplug in a compatible third-party 3G/4G USB modem, providingadditional WAN connectivity or a redundant link for maximum reliability.
Compact and Reliable Form FactorDesigned for small environments, you can place it on a desktop or wall-mount it. It is small, lightweight yet highly reliable with superior MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure), minimizing the chance of a network disruption.
|FortiGate 70D||FortiGate 70D-POE|
|GbE RJ45 WAN Ports||2||2|
|GbE RJ45 Switch Ports||14||10|
|GE RJ45 PoE Ports||4|
|USB Ports (Client / Server)||1 / 2||1 / 2|
|Firewall Throughput (1518 / 512 / 64 byte UDP packets)||3.5 / 3.5 / 3.5 Gbps|
|Firewall Latency (64 byte UDP packets)||4 s|
|Firewall Throughput (Packets Per Second)||5.3 Mpps|
|Concurrent Sessions (TCP)||2 Million|
|New Sessions/Second (TCP)||4,000|
|IPsec VPN Throughput (512 byte packets)||1 Gbps|
|Gateway-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||200|
|Client-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||1,000|
|SSL-VPN Throughput||35 Mbps|
|Concurrent SSL-VPN Users (Recommended Maximum)||200|
|IPS Throughput (HTTP / Enterprise Mix)||275 / 41 Mbps|
|SSL Inspection Throughput||35 Mbps|
|Application Control Throughput||34 Mbps|
|NGFW Throughput||25 Mbps|
|Threat Protection Throughput||22.5 Mbps|
|CAPWAP Throughput||250 Mbps|
|Virtual Domains (Default / Maximum)||10 / 10|
|Maximum Number of FortiAPs (Total / Tunnel Mode)||32 / 16|
|Maximum Number of FortiTokens||100|
|Maximum Number of Registered FortiClients||200|
|High Availability Configurations||Active / Active, Active / Passive, Clustering|
|Height x Width x Length (in)||1.72 x 8.5 x 8.78|
|Height x Width x Length (mm)||44 x 216 x 223|
|Weight||3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)|
|Power Required||100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz|
|Max Current||110 V / 1.5 A, 220 V / 0.75 A||110 V / 2 A, 220 V / 1 A|
|Total Available PoE Power Budget*||61.6 W|
|Power Consumption (Avg / Max)||17 / 21 W||59 / 89 W|
|Heat Dissipation||72 BTU / h||303 BTU/h|
|Operating Temperature||32 - 104 F (0 - 40 C)|
|Storage Temperature||-31 - 158 F (-35 - 70 C)|
|Humidity||20 to 90% non-condensing|
|Operating Altitude||Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m)|
|Compliance & Certification|
|Compliance||FCC Part 15 Class B, C-Tick, VCCI, CE, UL/cUL, CB||FCC Part 15 Class B/A, C-Tick, VCCI, CE, UL/ cUL, CB|
|Certifications||ICSA Labs: Firewall, IPSec, IPS, Antivirus, SSL VPN|
Note: All performance values are 'up to' and vary depending on system configuration. IPsec VPN performance is based on 512 byte UDP packets using AES-256+SHA1.
1. IPS performance is measured using 1 Mbyte HTTP and Enterprise Traffic Mix.
Inspection is measured with IPS enabled and HTTP traffic, using TLS v1.2 with AES256-SHA.
3. Application Control performance is measured with 64 Kbytes HTTP traffic.
4. NGFW performance is measured with IPS and Application Control enabled, based on
Enterprise Traffic Mix.
5. Threat Protection performance is measured with IPS and Application Control and Malware protection enabled, based on Enterprise Traffic Mix.
6. CAPWAP performance is based on 1444 byte UDP packets.
* Maximum loading on each PoE/+ port is 30 W (802.3at).