FortiGate/FortiWiFi-90D Series consolidated security appliances deliver comprehensive enterprise-class protection for remote locations, branch offices, customer premise equipment (CPE) and retail networks. The FortiGate/FortiWiFi- 90D Series combines FortiOS, the industrys leading network security operating system, with the Fortinet System on a Chip (SoC) purpose-built processor. Designed by Fortinet, the SoC integrates FortiASIC security acceleration logic delivering a simplified appliance design, breakthrough performance, and industry-leading security coverage.
FortiGate/FortiWiFi-90D Series platforms include all of Fortinets unified threat management (UTM) capabilities; firewall, IPS, application control, VPN, web filtering and integrated wireless controller. In addition, they include the latest technology in advanced threat protection, designed to defend against Advanced Persistent Threats (APT). All features are easily managed from a single pane of glass management console. By consolidating multiple security technologies into a single appliance, the FortiGate/FortiWiFi-90D Series eliminates multiple hardware devices and software solutions, greatly simplifying security while substantially reducing total cost of ownership.
Capitalizing on an array of security enforcement technologies, the FortiGate/ FortiWiFi-90D Series helps you maintain data protection compliance with PCI, HIPAA, and GLBA regulations. It also eases the migration to new industry standards such as IPv6, supporting dynamic routing for both IPv4 and IPv6 networks. Available FortiGuard security subscription services deliver dynamic, automated updates and ensure up-to-date protection against sophisticated threats.
Proven Security for Branch Offices, Retail Locations, and Customer Premise Equipment
- Delivers up to 3.5 Gbps firewall throughput with 14 x 10/100/1000 RJ45 switch and 2 x 10/100/1000 RJ45 WAN interfaces
- Internal storage provides local archiving of data for policy compliance or WAN optimization
- Runs on FortiOS 5 - the most powerful security operating system in the world delivers more security to fight advanced threats, more control to secure mobile devices, and more intelligence to build secure policies
FortiGate-90D Features & Benefits:
- Enterprise-grade protection for smaller networks - Enables deployment of Fortinets unmatched protection and performance in smaller environments
- Redundant connectivity methods - Dual (2) 10/100/1000 WAN interfaces offer redundant connections to ensure availability of data
- Centralized Management - FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer centralized management and reporting appliances simplify the deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of the security infrastructure
- Console Port
- USB Management Port
- 2x USB Ports
- 14x GE RJ45 Switch Ports / 10x GE RJ45 Switch and 4x RJ45 PoE Ports on PoE Models
- 2x GE RJ45 WAN Ports
Powered by SPU SoC2
- Combines a RISC-based CPU with Fortinet's proprietary SPU content and network processors for unmatched performance
- Simplifies appliance design and enables breakthrough performance for smaller networks
- Supports firewall acceleration across all packet sizes for maximum throughput
- Delivers accelerated UTM content processing for superior performance and protection
- Accelerates VPN performance for high speed, secure remote access
3G/4G WAN Extensions
The FortiGate 90/91E includes USB ports that allow you to plug in a compatible third-party 3G/4G USB modem, providing additional WAN connectivity or a redundant link for maximum reliability.
Install in Minutes with FortiExplorer
The FortiExplorer wizard enables you to easily and quickly set up and configure FortiGate and FortiWiFi platforms with easy-to-follow instructions. The application runs on Windows, Mac OS X desktops and laptops as well as popular mobile devices. Simply connect to the appropriate USB port on the appliance, and be fully protected in minutes.
3G/4G WAN Connectivity
The FortiGate/FortiWiFi 90D Series includes a USB port that allows you to plug in a compatible third-party 3G/4G USB modem, providing additional WAN connectivity or a redundant link for maximum reliability.
Compact and Reliable Form Factor
Designed for small environments, you can place it on a desktop or wall-mount it. It is small, lightweight yet highly reliable with superior MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure), minimizing the chance of a network disruption.
Superior Wireless Coverage
A built-in dual-band, dual-stream access point with internal antennas is integrated on the FortiWiFi 90D and provides speedy 802.11n coverage on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. The dualband chipset addresses the PCI-DSS compliance requirement for rogue AP wireless scanning, providing maximum protection for regulated environments.
|FortiGate 90D||FortiWiFi 90D||FortiGate 90D-POE||FortiWiFi 90D-POE|
|GE RJ45 WAN Ports||2||2||2||2|
|GE RJ45 Switch Ports||14||14||10||10|
|GE RJ45 PoE Ports||4||4|
|FE RJ45 PoE Ports|
|GE SFP DMZ Slots|
|Wireless Interface||802.11 a/b/g/n||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|USB Ports (Client / Server)||1 / 2||1 / 2||1 / 2||1 / 2|
|Internal Storage||32 GB|
|Firewall Throughput (1518 / 512 / 64 byte UDP packets)||3.5 / 3.5 / 3.5 Gbps|
|Firewall Latency (64 byte UDP packets)||4 s|
|Firewall Throughput (Packets Per Second)||5.3 Mpps|
|Concurrent Sessions (TCP)||2 Million|
|New Sessions/Second (TCP)||4,000|
|IPsec VPN Throughput (512 byte packets)||1 Gbps|
|Gateway-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||200|
|Client-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||1,000|
|SSL-VPN Throughput||35 Mbps|
|Concurrent SSL-VPN Users (Recommended Maximum)||200|
|IPS Throughput (HTTP / Enterprise Mix)||275 / 41 Mbps|
|SSL Inspection Throughput||35 Mbps|
|Application Control Throughput||60 Mbps|
|NGFW Throughput||25 Mbps|
|Threat Protection Throughput||22.5 Mbps|
|CAPWAP Throughput||260 Mbps|
|Virtual Domains (Default / Maximum)||10 / 10|
|Maximum Number of FortiAPs (Total / Tunnel Mode)||32 / 16|
|Maximum Number of FortiTokens||100|
|Maximum Number of Registered FortiClients||200|
|High Availability Configurations||Active / Active, Active / Passive, Clustering|
|Height x Width x Length (inches)||1.72 x 8.5 x 8.78||1.72 x 9.2 x 8.78||1.72 x 8.5 x 8.78||1.72 x 9.2 x 8.78|
|Height x Width x Length (mm)||44 x 216 x 223||44 x 234 x 223||44 x 216 x 223||44 x 234 x 223|
|Weight||3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)||3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)||3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)||3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)|
|Power Required||100240V AC, 5060 Hz|
|Maximum Current||110 V / 1.5 A, 220 V / 0.75 A||110 V / 1.5 A, 220 V / 0.75 A||110 V / 2 A, 220 V / 1 A||110 V / 2 A, 220 V / 1 A|
|Total Available PoE Power Budget*||61.6 W||61.6 W|
|Power Consumption (Average / Maximum)||18 / 22 W||21 / 25 W||59 / 89 W||60 / 90 W|
|Heat Dissipation||74 BTU/h||85 BTU/h||303 BTU/h||307 BTU/h|
|Operating Temperature||32104F (040C)|
|Storage Temperature||-31158F (-3570C)|
|Operating Altitude||Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m)|
|Safety||FCC Part 15 Class B/A, C-Tick, VCCI, CE, UL/cUL, CB|
|ICSA Labs: Firewall, IPsec, IPS, Antivirus, SSL-VPN; USGv6/IPv6|
Note: All performance values are 'up to' and vary depending on system configuration. IPsec VPN performance is based on 512 byte UDP packets using AES-256+SHA1.
1. IPS performance is measured using 1 Mbyte HTTP and Enterprise Traffic Mix.
Inspection is measured with IPS enabled and HTTP traffic, using TLS v1.2 with AES256-SHA.
3. Application Control performance is measured with 64 Kbytes HTTP traffic.
4. NGFW performance is measured with IPS and Application Control enabled, based on
Enterprise Traffic Mix.
5. Threat Protection performance is measured with IPS and Application Control and Malware protection enabled, based on Enterprise Traffic Mix.
6. CAPWAP performance is based on 1444 byte UDP packets.
* Maximum loading on each PoE port is 15.4 W (802.3af)