The FortiGate 94D-POE and 98D-POE are high port density, all-in-one security appliances that deliver Fortinets Connected UTM. Ideal for remote, customer premise equipment (CPE) and retail networks, these FortiGates offer the network security, connectivity, and performance you need at a single low per-device price.
Advanced Protection and Wireless Connectivity
You get advanced threat protection, including firewall, application control, advanced threat protection, IPS, VPN, and web filtering, all from one device thats easy to deploy and manage. With its comprehensive management console, remote provisioning and wide range of connectivity options you have an easy-to-deploy, easy-to-manage solution thats great for a centrally managed infrastructure.
Youll appreciate features like WAN Optimization, Data Archiving and VDOMs for your distributed networks. VDOMs on the FortiGate let you segment networks to enable guest and employee access, or protect things like cardholder data to meet compliance standards like PCI and HIPAA.
Built on the foundation of the FortiASIC System on a Chip 2 (SoC2) and FortiOS 5, the FortiGate provides an integrated set of essential security technologies to protect all of your applications and data. You get the industrys best firewall plus the latest in Advanced Threat Protection, Intrusion Protection, Web-filtering and many new features like Sandboxing, Feature Select Options for simplifying configurations and deployments, and Contextual Visibility for enhanced reporting and management.
Features & Benefits
- 3.5 Gbps throughput performance delivers fast network response
- Integrated switch and PoE simplify your network infrastructure
- Multiple PoE interfaces to support IP phones, access points or cameras
- Runs on FortiOS 5 the most powerful security operating system in the world delivers more security to fight advanced threats, more control to secure mobile devices, and more intelligence to build secure policies
- USB Management Port
- 2x GE RJ45 WAN Ports
- 72x GE RJ45 Switch Ports
- 24x FE RJ45 PoE Ports
- 4x GE SFP DMZ Slots
- Console Port
- USB Port
Powered by SPU SoC2
- Combines a RISC-based CPU with Fortinets proprietary SPU content andnetwork processors for unmatched performance
- Simplifies appliance design and enables breakthrough performance for smaller networks
- Supports firewall acceleration across all packet sizes for maximum throughput
- Delivers accelerated UTM content processing for superior performance and protection
- Accelerates VPN performance for high speed, secure remote access
Install in Minutes with FortiExplorer
The FortiExplorer wizard enables you to easily and quickly set up and configure FortiGate and FortiWiFi platforms with easy-to-follow instructions. The application runs on Windows, Mac OS X desktops and laptops as well as popular mobile devices. Simply connect to the appropriate USB port on the appliance, and be fully protected in minutes.
3G/4G WAN Connectivity
The FortiGate/FortiWiFi 90D Series includes a USB port that allows you to plug in a compatible third-party 3G/4G USB modem, providing additional WAN connectivity or a redundant link for maximum reliability.
|FortiGate Model||FortiGate 94D-POE||FortiGate 98D-POE|
|GE RJ45 WAN Ports||2||2|
|GE RJ45 Switch Ports||24||72|
|FE RJ45 PoE Ports||24||24|
|GE SFP DMZ Slots||2||4|
|USB Ports (Client / Server)||1 / 1||1 / 1|
|Internal Storage||32 GB||32 GB|
|Firewall Throughput (1518 / 512 / 64 byte UDP packets)||3.5 / 3.5 / 3.5 Gbps|
|Firewall Latency (64 byte UDP packets)||4 s|
|Firewall Throughput (Packets Per Second)||5.3 Mpps|
|Concurrent Sessions (TCP)||2 Million|
|New Sessions/Second (TCP)||4,000|
|IPsec VPN Throughput (512 byte packets)||1 Gbps|
|Gateway-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||200|
|Client-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||1,000|
|SSL-VPN Throughput||35 Mbps|
|Concurrent SSL-VPN Users (Recommended Maximum)||200|
|IPS Throughput (HTTP / Enterprise Mix)||275 / 41 Mbps|
|SSL Inspection Throughput||35 Mbps|
|Application Control Throughput||34 Mbps|
|NGFW Throughput||25 Mbps|
|Threat Protection Throughput||22.5 Mbps|
|CAPWAP Throughput||260 Mbps|
|Virtual Domains (Default / Maximum)||10 / 10|
|Maximum Number of FortiAPs (Total / Tunnel Mode)||32 / 16|
|Maximum Number of FortiTokens||100|
|Maximum Number of Registered FortiClients||200|
|High Availability Configurations||Active / Active, Active / Passive, Clustering|
|Height x Width x Length (inches)||1.72 x 17 x 10.51||3.48 x 11.56 x 17.20|
|Height x Width x Length (mm)||44 x 432 x 277||88.5 x 293.6 x 437|
|Form Factor||1 RU||2 RU|
|Weight||10.6 lbs (4.8 kg)||14.8 lbs (6.7 kg)|
|Power Required||110240V AC, |
|110240V AC, |
|Maximum Current||110 V / 5.4 A, |
220 V / 2.9 A
|110 V / 6 A, |
220 V / 3 A
|Total Available PoE Power Budget*||200 W||200 W|
|Power Consumption (Average / Maximum)||156 / 256 W||163 / 278W|
|Heat Dissipation||874 BTU/h||949 BUT/h|
|Operating Temperature||32104F (040C)|
|Storage Temperature||-31158F (-3570C)|
|Operating Altitude||Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m)|
|FCC Part 15 Class B/A, C-Tick, VCCI, CE, UL/cUL, CB|
|ICSA Labs: Firewall, IPsec, IPS, Antivirus, SSL-VPN|
Note: All performance values are 'up to' and vary depending on system configuration. IPsec VPN performance is based on 512 byte UDP packets using AES-256+SHA1.
1. IPS performance is measured using 1 Mbyte HTTP and Enterprise Traffic Mix.
Inspection is measured with IPS enabled and HTTP traffic, using TLS v1.2 with AES256-SHA.
3. Application Control performance is measured with 64 Kbytes HTTP traffic.
4. NGFW performance is measured with IPS and Application Control enabled, based on
Enterprise Traffic Mix.
5. Threat Protection performance is measured with IPS and Application Control and Malware protection enabled, based on Enterprise Traffic Mix.
6. CAPWAP performance is based on 1444 byte UDP packets.