The Fortinet Enterprise Firewall Solution
The Fortinet Enterprise Firewall Solution delivers end-to-end network security with one platform, one network security operating system and unified policy management with a single pane of glass for the industrys best protection against the most advanced security threats and targeted attacks.
- USB Port
- Console Port
- 2x GE RJ45 MGMT/DMZ Ports
- 2x GE RJ45 WAN Ports
- 2x GE RJ45 HA Ports
- 14x GE RJ45 Ports
- 2x GE RJ45/SFP Shared Media Pairs
Powered by SPU SoC3
- Combines a RISC-based CPU with Fortinets proprietary Security Processing Unit (SPU) content and network processors for unmatched performance
- Simplifies appliance design and enables breakthrough performance for smaller networks
- Supports firewall acceleration across all packet sizes for maximum throughput
- Delivers accelerated UTM content processing for superior performance and protection
- Accelerates VPN performance for high speed, secure remote access
Redundant Power SupplyPower supply redundancy is essential in the operation of missioncritical networks. The FortiGate 100E Series offers option to connect to an external redundant power supply appliance The FortiRPS 100, designed to increase network availability and uptime.
|FortiGate 100E||FortiGate 101E|
|GE RJ45 Ports||14||14|
|GE RJ45 Management/DMZ Ports||1 / 1||1 / 1|
|GE RJ45 HA Ports||2||2|
|GE RJ45 WAN Ports||2||2|
|GE RJ45 or SFP Shared Ports||2||2|
|Internal Storage||-||480 GB|
|Firewall Throughput (1518 / 512 / 64 byte UDP packets)||7.4 / 7.4 / 4.4 Gbps|
|Firewall Latency (64 byte UDP packets)||3 s|
|Firewall Throughput (Packets Per Second)||6.6 Mpps|
|Concurrent Sessions (TCP)||2 Million|
|New Sessions/Second (TCP)||30,000|
|IPsec VPN Throughput (512 byte packets)||4 Gbps|
|Gateway-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||2,000|
|Client-to-Gateway IPsec VPN Tunnels||5,000|
|SSL-VPN Throughput||250 Mbps|
|Concurrent SSL-VPN Users (Recommended Maximum)||300|
|IPS Throughput (HTTP / Enterprise Mix)||1.9 Gbps / 500 Mbps|
|SSL Inspection Throughput||350 Mbps|
|Application Control Throughput||800 Mbps|
|NGFW Throughput||360 Mbps|
|Threat Protection Throughput||250 Mbps|
|CAPWAP Throughput||1.5 Gbps|
|Virtual Domains (Default / Maximum)||10 / 10|
|Maximum Number of FortiAPs (Total / Tunnel Mode)||64 / 32|
|Maximum Number of FortiTokens||1,000|
|Maximum Number of Registered FortiClients||600|
|High Availability Configurations||Active / Active, Active / Passive, Clustering|
|Height x Width x Length (inches)||1.73 x 17.00 x 10.00|
|Height x Width x Length (mm)||44 x 432 x 254|
|Weight||7.28 lbs (3.3 kg)|
|Form Factor||Rack Mount, 1 RU|
|Power Required||100240V AC, 6050 Hz|
|Maximum Current||100V / 1A, 240V / 0.5A|
|Power Consumption (Average / Maximum)||23.0 W / 25.5 W||24.8 W / 27.5 W|
|Heat Dissipation||87.0 BTU/h||93.8 BTU/h|
|Operating Temperature||32104F (040C)|
|Storage Temperature||-31158F (-3570C)|
|Operating Altitude||Up to 7,400 ft (2,250 m)|
|Safety||FCC Part 15B, Class A, CE, RCM, VCCI, UL/cUL, CB, BSMI|
|ICSA Labs: Firewall, IPsec, IPS, Antivirus, SSL-VPN; IPv6|
Note: All performance values are 'up to' and vary depending on system configuration. IPsec VPN performance is based on 512 byte UDP packets using AES-256+SHA1.
1. IPS performance is measured using 1 Mbyte HTTP and Enterprise Traffic Mix.
Inspection is measured with IPS enabled and HTTP traffic, using TLS v1.2 with AES256-SHA.
3. Application Control performance is measured with 64 Kbytes HTTP traffic.
4. NGFW performance is measured with IPS and Application Control enabled, based on
Enterprise Traffic Mix.
5. Threat Protection performance is measured with IPS and Application Control and Malware protection enabled, based on Enterprise Traffic Mix.
6. CAPWAP performance is based on 1444 byte UDP packets.