- 14 LTO Tapes capacity
- 1 hour certified class 125 fire protection at temperatures over 1850F
- Made in USA
The DataCare 2001 Turtle Safe by Phoenix International protects your data from damage caused by fire, water, magnetic interference, dust humidity and theft. This heavy-duty safe is machine manufactured with two layers of 100% top quality EGI steel filled with Styronite F insulation which protects against magnetic interference to keep your data intact. Double door construction (2 sets of doors: external &internal) and the waterproof seals ensure the highest level of protection for the valuable data it is made to protect.
The DataCare 2001 Turtle Safe is tested and certified to protect recorded data on tapes and hard drives in the event of any catastrophe it might encounter. The DataCare 2001 guarantees fire protection of up to 1 hour for all types of media, including tape cartridges, hard drives, CDs, DVDs, USBs and memory sticks. All safes feature construction with internal seals that prevent water damage from fire hoses and sprinklers.
- 0.26 cubic ft. of storage space
- 14 LTO tapes in standard configuration
- 6 3.5" hard drives with or without their sleds ( May differ depending on hard drive type, dimension and configuration)
- 31 CD's
- Comes with 2 seven pin, high security keys to lock and unlock the safe
- Free lifetime replacement in the event of a fire.
- Impact-resistant up to 30-foot drops
- Double door construction (2 sets of doors) with internal water resistant seals
- Ships fully assembled
- Safe Class: 1 hour certified class 125 fire protection at temperatures over 1850F
- Internal Dimensions: 9.5" X 6.25" X 7.75"
- External Dimensions: 15.5" X 13.875" X 17"
- Weight: 108 lbs
Products that provide fire protection for computer media are listed on this website with the designation of Class 125. Tests for products designed to protect computer media range from 60 to 120 minutes in furnace-burn time, at temperatures ranging from 1700F to 1859F. By comparison, a typical fire lasts 20 minutes and reaches 800F. During the fire test, the internal temperature of the product is monitored to ensure that it does not rise above a level that would endanger the computer media stored within the product. The designation tag also indicates the length of the fire test as 1 HR, 1 HR, or 2 HR and is located next to each model number.
All Phoenix products that are explosion-tested are designed to withstand temperature blasts of up to 2000F
Among the dangers of a building on fire is the instability of the structure. Impact-resistant Phoenix products are tested to make sure that seals and fireproofing insulation withstand typical amounts of debris that fall during a fire.
Phoenix Security Rating
Phoenix products rated for normal security come standard with theft-prevention features such as easy-to-change combinations and biometric locks.
Phoenix products marked as "water-resistant" are designed using internal seals and double-door construction to prevent water damage from fire hoses and sprinklers.