PowerEdge R740xd Rack Server
Optimized scalability and performance
Increase storage scalability and performance with up to 24 NVMe drives and a total of 32 x 2.5 or 18 x 3.5drives in a 2U dual-socket platform.
Optimize flexibility and density
Benefit from scalable storage performance and data set processing with the PowerEdge R740xd server. This 2U, 2-socket platform brings you scalability and performance to adapt to a variety of applications. Choose up to 24 NVMe drives, or a total of 32 x 2.5 or 18 x 3.5 drives. As you scale your deployments, scale your productivity with embedded intelligence and automation from iDRAC9 and the entire OpenManage portfolio designed to simplify the IT lifecycle from deployment to retirement.
- Software-defined storage
- Big data server
- Data analysis
- Service providers: data tier
Accomplish IT transformation with Dell EMC PowerEdge servers
Transform your data center for modern applications and operations with the help of the R740xd. Storage performance and flexibility create the perfect balance for software-defined storage or data set processing and analytics.
- Simplify deployment and easily scale from 3 to 1000+ nodes for software-defined storage with Dell EMC Ready Node for ScaleIO.
- Maximize storage performance with up to 24 NVMe drives and ensure application performance scales to meet demands.
- Scale compute resources with Intel Xeon Scalable processors, delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%*.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware vSphere, Microsoft System Center and Nagios.
- Help improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Maintain control of server updates with intelligent, embedded authentication designed to allow only properly signed updates.
PowerEdge R740XD Server,
- Intel Xeon Silver 4114 2.2G, 10C/20T, 9.6GT/s ,
- 14M Cache, Chassis with Up to 12 x 3.5 Hard Drives for 1CPU,
- 16GB RDIMM, 2666MT/s, Dual Rank,
- DRAC9,Enterprise, 300GB 15K RPM SAS 12Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Hard,
- PERC H730P RAID Controller, 2GB NV Cache,
- Mini card, Dual, Hot-plug,
- Redundant Power Supply (1+1), 750W,
- QLogic 57800 2x10Gb DA/SFP+ + 2x1Gb BT Network,
- 3Yr Basic Warranty - Next Business Day (Emerging Only)