- Highest density storage on the market, supporting 1.7PB in a single chassis
- Capacity-optimized disk in 4U form-factor
- Bundled with 106X16TB HDDs
Exos E 4U106
Efficient. Agile. Scalable.
Seagate® Exos™ E 4U106 is the datasphere’s largest building block delivering industry-first capacity and density without sacrificing data access speed.
- Scale your data center with this very high density storage platform
- Minimize a data center’s footprint and power consumption while maximizing storage space
- Eliminate efficiency-draining acoustic interference with the proprietary noise attenuator
- Maintain your data center easily with toolless drive carriers that save hours of time
- Ensure data is constantly available with hot-swappable controllers, PSUs, system fan modules, drives, and expander cards
- Build Exabyte-Scale Data Centers Fast. Increase the amount of data that fits in a 4U rack by leveraging up to 106 of our high-capacity hard drives in a single enclosure that holds up to a remarkable 1.7PB1 of business intelligence. With an overall maximum bandwidth of 36GB/s, you can access mission-critical and archival data with lightning speed.
- Deliver Versatile Architecture Built to Grow. This flexible enclosure includes support and capabilities to manage cables, universal ports, self-configuration controls, and standardized zoning. As the largest building block of our modular systems— which make all critical components interchangeable regardless of size or budget— this platform sets the new standard for data center solutions with extremely high density and capacity, all with noteworthy reliability and performance.
- Easy to Set Up, Maintain, and Expand. This system’s user-focused design reduces support calls and minimizes system downtime. Its modularity makes it first-in-class for reliability, easy setup, maintenance, and expansion via hot-swappable expanders and dual data paths, as well as redundant I/O modules, fans, and power supplies. Additionally, this system features toolless drive carriers that allow an administrator to snap drives into the 106 bays in seconds.
- Reduce Cost and Resources With Energy-Efficient Features. This enclosure is suited for high data retention requirements that are expected to grow. Innovative drive placement maximizes airflow and minimizes power consumption, and unique performance, efficiency, and scalability features provide an exceptionally low TCO.
- Build In Security at the Foundation of the Data Life Cycle. Protect your most valuable business assets with Seagate Secure™ cybersecurity features.
||• Highest density storage on the market, supporting 1.7PB in a single chassis
• Capacity-optimized disk in 4U form-factor
|Drive description (HDD)
|Drive description (SSD)
||1x RS232 and
SES via SAS
||Integrated I/O module
|Storage expansion options
||Supports up to 1.7PB in a single chassis, with ability to add another 5 PB
|Maximum drives per enclosure
|Compatible Software packages
||135 X 68 X 106
||53.1 X 26.7 X 41.7
|Net Weight (kgs)
|Net Weight (lbs)
|Warranty / Support
|Service & Support
||• Next business day advance exchange
• 4 hour 24X7 on-site support
• 8 hours a day / 5 days a week service availability
||• 3-4x lower total cost of ownership compared to public cloud
• No software vendor lock-in allowing for maximum flexibility
• Quickly & easily scale up capacity to grow with the business
• Improve security by keeping data inside the business
• Maximize drive performance with patented AcousticShield
• Efficiently & accessibly store PBs of data