- Supports up to 1.3PB in a single chassis, with the ability to add another 4PB
- Capacity-optimized disk and SAN arrays in 2U or 5U form-factor
- Supports Fibre Channel and iSCSI storage area network interfaces
- Data protection using RAID and Seagate ADAPT erasure coding technology
- Bundled with 80X16TB HDDs and 4X1.92TB Nytro SSDs
Exos X 5U84
Integrated. Efficient. Intelligent.
Seagate® Exos™ X 5U84 is the datasphere’s ultra-dense, intelligent solution for maximum capacity and performance at an exceptionally low TCO.
- Expand a data center seamlessly with single enclosures that host up to 1.3PB1 of data
- Efficiently manage hot and cold data with real-time data tiering option
- Deliver unfettered data access with dual redundant controllers capable of achieving up to 7GB/s sequential read, 5.5GB/s sequential write performance
- Rebuild drives faster than ever and reduce downtime with Seagate ADAPT data protection technology
- Opt for replication and snapshot features to meet critical enterprise requirements
- Maximum Capacity and Consistent High Performance. Up to 1.3PB1 of data in a single 5U enclosure with throughputs reaching 7GB/s sequential read, and 5.5GB/s sequential write and up to 99.999% high availability. Easily expand to accommodate data proliferation with three additional Exos X 5U84 systems for a total capacity of 2PB.
- Cost-Optimized Architecture. This flexible solution is perfect for businesses with demanding streaming environments that require high read and write throughput, while still needing considerable storage space. Built to ensure all space is used to its maximum potential, application access to data is virtually instantaneous, ensuring IT and end users can work efficiently.
- Easy to Set Up, Maintain, and Expand. All system components—the enclosure, the controller, the firmware, and the drives—are developed and optimized by our engineers to work together seamlessly. This reduces support calls and eliminates technical learning curves. Modular architecture makes components interchangeable between systems, and upgrades are simple due to common FRUs, PCMs, controllers, and software.
- Get Data to Applications Fast and Protect Valuable Assets. This system is full of features that enable applications to access data with up to a 99.999% availability design. Parallel architecture, multi-core processing, data replication, and fast streaming make access to data unfettered, while exclusive Seagate ADAPT data protection technology delivers fast drive rebuilds that virtually eliminate system downtime.
- Build In Security at the Foundation of the Data Life Cycle. Protect the most valuable business assets with Seagate Secure™ cybersecurity features and intelligent firmware —such as SFTP, SED support, and administrator access controls—that provide builtin security measures for reliable and safe file access, transfer, and management.
||• Supports up to 1.3PB in a single chassis, with the ability to add another 4PB
• Capacity-optimized disk and SAN arrays in 2U or 5U form-factor
• Supports Fibre Channel and iSCSI storage area network interfaces
• Data protection using RAID and Seagate ADAPT erasure coding technology
|Drive description (HDD)
|Drive description (SSD)
||4X1.92TB Nytro SSDs
||8 x 10GigE SFP
8 ports CNC host interface (4 per controller - requires 2x 4-pack SFPs for FC or iSCSI connectivity)
||Dual 48x5 Intelligent 4005 Controllers
|Storage expansion options
||Supports up to 1.3PB in a single chassis, with the ability to add another 4PB
|Maximum drives per enclosure
|Compatible Software packages
||115.1 X 65.0 X 92.5
||45.3 X 25.5 X 36.4
|Net Weight (kgs)
|Net Weight (lbs)
|Warranty / Support
||1 year software maintenance
|Service & Support
||• Next business day advance exchange
• 4 hour 24X7 on-site support
• 8 hours a day / 5 days a week service availability
||• Lowest cost per TB of backup storage on the market
• Backup 100TB in an 8 hour window with up to 13TB / hr in throughput
• Flexible capacity from 15TB to 1.9PB to meet your needs
• Increased protection against data loss with
• 20x faster disk rebuilds
• Single point-of-contact for entire storage system support
• Proven reliability, with more than 1M units in service today