Quantum LTO-1 : 100/200GB Ultrium Tapes (MR-L1MQN-01)
AED 150.00 (Inc. VAT)
Every Product on our Website Ships free across UAE. No Minimum Order Values
We have partnered with all the brands we sell at either a Distributor or a Premium Reseller level.
100% Secure payment with Visa and Master card through Etisalat Payment Gateway (EPG)
Middle East Specifications and Warranties. No Gray imported material
We are Datacare: Our Credentials
- Quantum LTO Ultrium Gen 1
- 100GB Native 200GB Compressed
Quantum’s LTO Ultrium media is manufactured to the highest industry standards for quality and reliability—ensuring high performance and durability, whether used for primary backup or long-term archive.
- A pioneer of the LTO Consortium, Quantum is committed to the continued development of the LTO platform. Quantum’s comprehensive media quality monitoring and extensive interoperability testing ensures cross-platform compatibility, optimal performance, and reliability whether you’re using a Quantum tape drive, library, or other LTO-compatible hardware.
- Quantum’s LTO Ultrium media is compliant with all media integrity analysis utilities. You can add another level of protection throughout the lifecycle of your data with the Advanced Media Usage Report and Extended Data Life Management (EDLM) features available in Quantum LTO Ultrium media. Media analysis and usage reports provide a view of the media condition for an entire media pool used within a specific tape library, even those in off-site storage. EDLM is a unique Scalar®automation feature designed to ensure the media integrity of cartridges placed in long-term archival or vaulted storage that are no longer used during normal operations. When your critical data is involved, it’s important to have a complete health record of your media.
- LTO Ultrium Write Once, Read Many (WORM) media cartridges are available to meet today’s stringent regulatory and compliance requirements. Combined with native AES 256-bit encryption on LTO-8, LTO-7, LTO-6, LTO-5, and LTO-4 drives, WORM cartridges physically prevent data from being overwritten or tampered with once it is written to the device—providing a reliable, accurate, and scalable data integrity solution
|Tape Drive||LTO-1 Media||LTO-2 Media||LTO-3 Media||LTO-4 Media||LTO-5 Media||LTO-6 Media||LTO-7 Media||LTO-7 M8||LTO-8||Universal Cleaning|
|LTO-1 Tape Drive||Read/Write|
|LTO-2 Tape Drive||Read/Write||Read/Write|
|LTO-3 Tape Drive||Read Only||Read/Write||Read/Write|
|LTO-4 Tape Drive||Read Only||Read/Write||Read/Write|
|LTO-5 Tape Drive||Read Only||Read/Write||Read/Write|
|LTO-6 Tape Drive||Read Only||Read/Write||Read/Write|
|LTO-7 Tape Drive||Read Only||Read/Write||Read/Write|
|LTO-8 Tape Drive||Read/Write||Read/Write||Read/Write|
|Part No. Unlabelled||MR-L1MQN-01||MR-L2MQN-01||MR-L3MQN-01||MR-L4MQN-01||MR-L5MQN-01||MR-L6MQN-01||MR-L7MQN-01||MR-L8MQN-01||MR-LUCQN-01|
|Part No Labelled||MR-L1MQN-BC||MR-L2MQN-BC||MR-L3MQN-BC||MR-L4MQN-BC||MR-L5MQN-BC||MR-L6MQN-BC||MR-L7MQN-BC||MR-L8MQN-BC||MR-LUCQN-BC|
|Native Capacity||100 GB||200 GB||400 GB||800 GB||1.5 TB||2.5 TB||6 TB||12 TB||-|
|Compressed Capacity||200 GB||400 GB||800 GB||1.6 TB||3.0 TB||6.25 TB||15 TB||30 TB||-|
|Assume Compression||2 Ratio 1 (2:1)||2 Ratio 1 (2:1)||2 Ratio 1 (2:1)||2 Ratio 1 (2:1)||2 Ratio 1 (2:1)||2.5 : 1||2.5 : 1||2.5 : 1||-|
|Data Transfer Rate ( Native/Compressed) MB/s||20/40||40/80||80/160||120/240||140/280||160/400||300/750||360/900||-|
|Tape Length (meters)||609||609||680||820||846||846||960||960||-|
|Material||Metal Particle(MP)||Metal Particle(MP)||Metal Particle(MP)||Metal Particle(MP)||Metal Particle(MP)||Barrium ferite (BaFe)||Barrium ferite (BaFe)||Barrium ferite (BaFe)||-|
|Variants||Read Write (RW)||Read Write (RW)||Read Write (RW), Write once Read Many (WORM)||Read Write (RW), Write once Read Many (WORM)||Read Write (RW), Write once Read Many (WORM)||Read Write (RW), Write once Read Many (WORM)||Read Write (RW), Write once Read Many (WORM)||Read Write (RW), Write once Read Many (WORM)||-|
|Archival Life||30 Years||30 Years||30 Years||30 Years||30 Years||30 Years||30 Years||30 Years||-|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty as specified by Manufacturer||Limited Lifetime Warranty as specified by Manufacturer||Limited Lifetime Warranty as specified by Manufacturer||Limited Lifetime Warranty as specified by Manufacturer||Limited Lifetime Warranty as specified by Manufacturer||Limited Lifetime Warranty as specified by Manufacturer||Limited Lifetime Warranty as specified by Manufacturer||Limited Lifetime Warranty as specified by Manufacturer||Max 50 Cleanings Per Tape|
What is the difference between Native and compressed capacity of LTO tapes?
Data to be written on the tape is compressed before its written. If the data is highly repetitive, it will have high compression ratio ( a Text file will be compressabile, a BMP image is highly compressible). But if the data is already compressed ( say you have tarred or Zipped the data already), it won't be further compressible.
For Data That's non compressed you will see capacity higher than the native capacity. For data that's already compressed you will capacity close to the native capacity.
TLDR : Native capacity is what is guaranteed. You might get Compressed capacity , ormore than the compressed capacity depending on how compressible your data is.
What is a typical Compression ratio ?
Upto LTO-5 the compression ratio was defined as 2:1. It assumed that 100GB data for example could be compressed to 50GB. From LTO-6 onwards the Compression ratio is defined as 2.5:1.
Compression ratio always depends on the data you are writing. A tar file can't be further compressed for example, whereas a file of repetitive data can be compressed beyond 3 or 4 times.
What is the meaning of Limited Lifetime Warranty ?
Can I use a newer LTO media in my old Tape drive ?
Can I use my old Media in new tape drive ?
Can I use LTO-6 Tape Media in my LTO-8 drive ? Why is the LTO-8 drive not backward compatible to 2 previous Gens
What is LTO-7 type M Media ?
LTO-8 tape drive can Format a previously unused LTO-7 media as LTO-7 type M media. The advantage is that instead of 6TB native capacity, it would yield 9TB compressed capacity. This media however is only writable in LTO-8 tape drive.
That's 50% more capacity for LTO-7 media at the same price.
Can you give me pre-labelled custom Labels for LTO tapes ?
Yes, we can provide you Custom Labels from Tri-Optics ( The world's largest and only IBM and HP authroized Media Label). We can further offer you labels in series you want ( Say AUH001 to AUH100) .
if you want the tapes to be pre-labelled from Quantum, go with the part numbers ending with BC instead of 01. lead time on prelabelled tapes is 2 weeks
What is the difference between LTO tapes using Metal Particle (MP) and Barium Ferrite (BaFe) ?
Starting LTO-6 , Dell Shifted to BaFe.